Tuesday, 13 January 2015

You Just Name It.. And You Will Find It On Quikr...

"I have been offered a job in Bengaluru," Raman said excitedly.

A smile lit my face when I heard the news. Being born and brought up in a metropolitan city as Mumbai, I had never got a chance to live in any other place. Mumbai provided and fulfilled every need of mine. Whether it was my schooling, college, job or my marriage. Everything was done in Mumbai. Finally, my dream of migrating to some other place and experiencing a new life was going to be fulfilled.

"How come Raman? When did you apply for it?", I asked surprised.

Raman's software profession gave him no personal time. He always made plans on how to get more things done in less available time. 

"I had applied for a job online.", Raman confessed. "On Quikr." 

"Quikr?", I asked in a confused tone. "I thought Quikr was only to buy and sell the old stuffs.

"Gone are the days when Quikr was just another website where we could buy or sell old stuffs", he explained. "Come, let me show you the cool home page of this site".

He switched on his laptop quickly. And there it was, the most unexpected one. There were so many new features added, which left me in an awe.



Within a week we completed all the pending tasks at Mumbai. We searched for a new house using 'Real Estate" Category on Quickr. Our preference was to stay in Jaynagar, 3rd Block, as it was quite near to Raman's new office and also a good place to stay. Unexpectedly, we got many options in the search results. It was difficult to choose one. However, we noted down a few contact numbers of concerned person.

We quickly booked a flight ticket and a hotel to check-in using 'Services' Category and left to Bengaluru. 

As soon as we reached Bengaluru, we were welcomed by a cab, near airport. Raman has also booked a cab on Quikr. 

"Not bad," I appreciated. 

We quickly freshened up and left the hotel in the search of a house. We finalized a house, which was as per our requirement. It was our turn to buy the furniture now. Just a click on category 'Home & Lifestyle'  gave us hundreds of options to select. New as well as resale furniture were available within a fraction of second. Next, we explored 'Electronics and Appliances' category where we found the most needed TV, refrigerator and washing machine. We met the nearby seller the same day and until the end of the day, our house was set. 

Looking at our new house I proudly said," Nobody would have believed, how quickly and efficiently, we have set everything in a complete unknown place, just within a day". 

Raman repeated smiling,"You just name it. And you will find it on Quikr"








This post is written for Indiblogger Contest - "It's just Quikr in Bangalore!"

Image Credit: A screen-shot taken from Quikr Home Page.







2 comments: