Wednesday, 4 March 2015

A Dream Home...

After flying all day long, the bird makes sure to get back to its nest. So are we human beings. Our house always has a special place in our heart. No matter where we stay; the mere imagination of our house is enough to make us miss it. There are so many infinite memories associated with our house, which we carry with us throughout our life.

I had always considered buying a house as a big achievement in one's life. Staying in a rented house would never give the same feeling as staying in one's own house. I remember every single moment of that day, when I had purchased my first house. Though my first home was just a 1 BHK, it was no less than a Villa to me. I remember how I had got the goosebumps the moment I entered it, for the very first time. My excitement was at the peak and I had absolutely no intentions to hide it. All the rooms that I entered, gave me a sense of satisfaction. I had made all the mental notes of each and everything at that moment itself. Which thing would be placed in which corner, what interior decorations that I would make, which wall would be painted in which color, including the color of the curtains, were all decided in that one brief moment. A moment, an unforgettable one! 

That was the moment when I knew what this place meant to me. Every penny that I had saved in these many years, were all spent to buy a house. It was as if I was completed on that day. The dream that I had possessed since such a long time, had finally come true. My past, present and the future all had whirled up in one moment and I had suddenly felt how lucky I was. The house had painted my future beautifully in front of my eyes. I had imagined, having an evening tea, every evening sitting in the balcony, while watching the beautiful view. My imagination had also made me think about my little kids going to school and my greeting them goodbye from the balcony. 

From that day onwards, my attitude towards life had changed completely. Even at work I was more efficient and productive than earlier. This was because of  the peace and positivity that I felt from inside, after beginning my new life in my new house. The satisfaction I got from the house could not be compared with anything. All the minute requirements in the house was taken special care of me. House decoration ideas, which never came in my mind, when I use to stay in a rented house, came and were applied. 

Today, I know, that one moment of buying an own house is responsible to change my present and the future. 



This post is written for #lookup by Housing.com

2 comments: