Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Changes In Life...

The only thing that is constant is anyone's life is change. The best way to check out how much your life has changed is to login to your social networking site. Just a few years back my feed would be flooded with the girls posting their party pictures. And, today the same girls are busy posting either their marriage pics or flaunting the pictures of their babies proudly. 

Today when I look behind, I can see how much my life has been changed. All this change is just because of my one single decision. The decision which not only changed my life, but also made me an independent woman, who is now more confident to take the risk of making bigger decisions in life. 

That life changing decision was to move to the biggest metropolitan city of India, Mumbai. I still remember that day when I had told my parents that I am shifting to Mumbai. Initially they had not believed me. But, later when they learnt that I was very serious about my decision they were scared. Scared because they knew, that it's not so easy for a girl who was born and brought up in a small town, to manage everything alone in a fast paced city like Mumbai. 

But, I had made my mind. I wanted to be independent and live my life on my own terms. I applied for the jobs and shifted to Mumbai at friends paying guest.

No, it was never easy. After facing a lot of rejections in interviews, I had lost hope. But, at that moment I knew, that this was my own decision and so I had no right to back off. I kept trying and trying. And finally one day I got selected. Now I was working in a city and was living on my own terms.

There were times when certain situations came, where I felt very helpless. I felt like leaving everything and going back to my town. But, since this decision was completely mine, I had a thought to face any difficulties myself. And my this attitude kept me going.

Initially, it was difficult even to make friends. As people wouldn't accept me the way I was. Our thinking naturally differed and so it was hard for either of us to understand each other. But, as the time passed,  I slowly made friends. I started hanging out with them and explored a whole new life.

My hard work and loyalty towards work paid off. I got success very soon and I bought a first house in Mumbai. My one decision has made my parents very proud. Today they are happy and trust me and my decisions even more.
Now I can proudly say I am a woman of today who is capable of taking right decisions and survive it without anybodies help.

Please do watch the below video:-


This post is written for #StartANewLife

No comments:

Post a Comment