Saturday, 14 March 2015

Some People Really Make A Difference...

I still remember that phase in my life, when everything had literally come to a halt. The only thing that was constant was my loneliness. My morning would start with an alarm clock screaming at the top volume, which would be followed by a dull day at the office. The evening would be spent again at home watching the daily soaps. This had become a routine for me. And the worst part was I was not even trying to change my life. It was as if my life had come to a pause and I was still looking at it doing nothing to help myself.

My only friend Riya, knew my condition. It was only she who kept calling me to her home, to visit once and spend some time with her. But, there I was making reasons. Even though it took me just half an hour to reach her house, I had not seen her for more than half a year now. I was not at all ready to come out my cocoon. She kept noticing, how much I had changed in past 2 years. Once a bubbly girl was lost in her own loneliness. She used to complain, that there is a lack of motivation in my life. And once I find it, I would be back to my normal self. I ignored her.

On one Saturday, as usual, I woke up late. It was almost the lunch time when I woke up. I quickly had my shower and went to the nearby supermarket to buy some groceries. And there, my eyes fell on Sanjay. In one flash moment, all the memories were refreshed. My college days were all playing in front of my eyes, as if I was watching a movie.

Sanjay was my senior. He was the life of the college. Wherever he went he spread a wave of positivity. His positivity was the reason for many peoples successes. Even I was the one among many. My bubbly nature in college was all because of him. He was not only my friend, but also was a mentor.

I walked towards him with a surprised expression. As his eyes fell on me, he was even more surprised. We hugged each other and quickly went to the corner of the stores to avoid people dashing us. There I told him about Riya that even she was in the same city. He was even more excited and made the plans to meet her in the evening.

His enthusiasm and cheerfulness gave me no reason to avoid it this time. I spontaneously agreed and asked him to meet me at the same place in the evening. I called Riya and told her that I am coming to her place. Riya was completely excited as well. That evening we 3 spent time together. Every moment of the college was refreshed and relived. It was a complete rejuvenating experience for me where I was shedding all the inhibitions that I had carried from last two years. This was a most needed break for me.

No doubt, spending time together with your loved once truly makes that difference.



This post is written for #together






3 comments:

  1. What is life without such positive and selfless friends!

    Having someone to spend quality time is very uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and just yesterday I saw the movie "Bangalore Days" (a bit late no doubt but can't help thinking about the parallel between the movie and this story)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to hear that you have such amazing people in your life :)
    You are blessed. Friends like that who uplift you are rare and precious.
    I hope you are better ans bubbly like you were.

    Drop by my blog sometime and follow back if you connect :)

    Toobs
    www.alwaysandforevertk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete